Moving right along, here are some of my favorite “D” songs. Enjoy!
- Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest, and the recent cover by the Baha Men — what a great ‘feel good’ song this is for me! You can’t dance and stay uptight…
- Danny’s Song by Kenny Loggins. Sweet song. Love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup/ drink it up/ love her and she’ll bring you luck.
- Daniel by Elton John – without Bernie Taupin, I’m convinced Elton John would not have become the icon he is today. This is one of my favorites.
- Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III – I first heard this song on a movie soundtrack; not sure which movie now, but I think it illustrates how Daughters wrap Daddies around their fingers.
- Daydream by The Lovin’ Spoonful – great song, great songwriter in John Sebastian.
- Day Dreaming by Aretha Franklin – can’t help it — I love her.
- Dreamer by Supertramp – Trivia: Crime of the Century was the very first CD I ever bought. I was thrilled to see Supertramp in concert. Love their arrangements and harmonies.
- Do it Again by Steely Dan – my first introduction to Steely Dan, on the radio. I was hooked.
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC – I love Bon Scott’s creepy sound in this.
- Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey – Doesn’t everyone know this song? Steve Perry has one tremendous voice.
- Dang Me by Roger Miller – we had a Roger Miller album in the house when I was a kid, and I soon learned all the songs by heart. This was a fun one.
- Do You Feel Like We Do by Peter Frampton – one of the first ‘guitar songs’ I liked in school.
photo credit kareu.my