Gee…isn’t this fun? Onward to G songs, folks!…I got a little carried away this time.
(Check out the Alphabet of Songs so far…)
- Going Mobile by The Who — this has to be one of my favorite Who songs – just fun, upbeat, and great to sing along. Don’t care about pollution/I’m an air-conditioned gypsy/That’s my solution/watch the police and the taxman miss me, I’m mobile!
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John – One of my favorites.
- Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys – what a great arrangement. Brian Wilson is amazing, even if he is crazy.
- Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd – I love to karaoke this song. It is a great fit with my range and it’s a fun song to sing.
- Grand Illusion by Styx – A nod to the 70’s.
- Get This Party Started by Pink – Great dance tune.
- Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) by George Harrison – Simple tune, simple lyrics, but I love it.
- Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant – Love the drums at the start of this song, and it was always a great dance track. Don’t drink, don’t smoke — what do you do?
- Groovin‘ by The Rascals – I love the word ‘groovy’ and I love this song. I could have been a hippie.. 😉
- Good TImes Roll by The Cars – Kind of a new wave band that hit the scene in the late 70s, the Cars have some fun songs, and this is one of them.
- Ghost Riders in the Sky by The Sons of the Pioneers (or Marty Robbins) – I just love this song. I grew up with the Sons of the Pioneers version.
- Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs – Kind of a walkin’ blues tune, and that organ is genius.
- Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker) by Parliament – I confess: funk is a guilty pleasure of mine. Yeow!
- Grandma’s Feather Bed by John Denver – My sister Missy loved John Denver, and she and I would sing this song together. It could hold 8 kids and 4 hound dogs, and a piggy we stole from the shed/we didn’t get much sleep, but we had a lot of fun on Grandma’s feather bed!
Guess I went a little over, but it was too hard to pick this time. Hope you enjoyed our little trip through my iPod!