We’re up to “H” songs now — click here for a recap of the songs so far. I could have kept going, but…
- Hate On Me by Jill Scott – a newer favorite for me. Love her pipes!
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen – just another song that’s fun to sing. My pappy said, ‘Son, you’re gonna drive me to drinkin’ If you don’t stop drivin’ that Hot. Rod. Lincoln.’
- Hotel California by The Eagles – You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. This is a great live version – it may be from the Hell Freezes Over tour.
- Helplessly Hoping by Crosby, Stills & Nash – love the harmony and lyrics here.
- Here, There and Everywhere by The Beatles – I just think this is a beautiful song.
- Hey Nineteen by Steely Dan – Another good tune by Steely Dan. She thinks I’m crazy, but I’m just growin’ old.
- Hit the Road, Jack by Ray Charles – one of my faves of his.
- Happy Together by The Turtles – fun little ditty we can all sing together.
- Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder – Funk. Even the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ version is funky.
- Hold on Loosely by .38 Special – another song I like to karaoke.
- Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers – We had this record growing up, too. I like lots of songs on the album.
- How Deep is Your Love by the Bee Gees – Maybe because I was in full-throttle adolescence when Saturday Night Fever hit big, I don’t know, but I do love me some Bee Gees.
photo credit Rob Ellis Photography