Been lazy lately and the stuff in my head doesn’t seem like anything anyone else would want to read. So I’ve just stared at the keyboard and come up with nothing.
But I do love the music, and I hope you do, too. Here is my “N” list. Want to catch up? See the rest of the alphabet here.
- New Attitude by Patti LaBelle – This is one of my feel-good, crank-it-up songs that I like to sing at the top of my lungs!
- Nick of Time by Bonnie Raitt – A friend of mine used to sing this in her local band; it always gave me a lump in my throat when she sang this part:
I see my folks, they’re getting old, I watch their bodies change
I know they see the same in me, And it makes us both feel strange
No matter how you tell yourself, It’s what we all go through
Those eyes are pretty hard to take when they’re staring’ back at you
Scared you’ll run out of time
- No Scrubs by TLC – This is a fun song with attitude, and I think a lot of us ladies have known a few of these guys… Hangin’ out the passenger side of his best friend’s ride, tryin’ to holla at me.
- Night Fever by The Bee Gees – I always want to do the Hustle when this one comes on.
- Nasty by Janet Jackson – Nasty boys don’t mean a thing. This song was a favorite when my sister and I went out dancing. All the girls wanted to look and dance like Janet, with the big shoulder pads, big earrings, and big hair. Yep, I did it, too. But I never liked boys in belly shirts. 😉 Notice Paula Abdul as one of Janet’s girlfriends?
- Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues – one of those songs that stands the test of time. This one is nearly as old as I am (released 1967), but I still love to hear it. And who doesn’t love the poetry at the end:
Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day’s useless energy spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love, and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey, and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion.
- Norwegian Wood by the Beatles – So many of the Beatles’ songs are stories, and this is one. Typical tongue-in-cheek Lennon lyrics. Plus, I like the sitar.
- No Time by the Guess Who – this was a radio staple when I was growing up in the 70’s. I always liked it.
- No Matter What by Badfinger – Another fun 70’s tune from the radio. This band had some big hits, but sadly, lost two of their members to suicide.
- New Kid in Town by The Eagles – The Eagles are a great group with terrific arrangements and harmony. They have a lot more in their repertoire than Hotel California. This reminds me of Tequila Sunrise.
- New York’s Not My Home by Jim Croce – I wish we hadn’t lost him so young. Croce’s music is timeless.
- Nowhere Man by the Beatles – Doesn’t have a point of view, knows not where he’s going to, isn’t he a bit like you and me?
- Nothing From Nothing by Billy Preston – a great, feel-good, top-down, sunny-day song!