No, not the He put creatures in our bodies kind, Mr. Chekov — the kind where the saccharine strains of It’s a Small World (you’re welcome) echo through your noggin, unbidden, for days, sometimes weeks, at a time. It’s a phenomenon we’ve all experienced, and with that in mind, I thought I’d share a few of the persistent ear worms I’ve endured.
You have been warned.
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight Yeah, just try to get a-wimoweh a-wimoweh a-wimoweh a-wimoweh out of your head anytime soon.
- Island Girl Tell me what you wanting with the white man’s world
- Carrie Anne Hey, Carrie Anne, what’s your game now? Can anybody play?
- Shoppin’ From A to Z Good girls shop, bad girls shop – shoppin’ from A to Z!
- Kokomo Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya, to Bermuda, Bahama, come on, pretty mama, Key Largo, Montego, baby why don’t we go…
- The Gambler You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em, know when to walk away, and know when to run
- The Shoop Shoop Song How bout the way he acts? Oh no, that’s not the way, and you’re not listening to all I say: If you wanna know if he loves you so, it’s in his kiss
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy I used to like this song. Then I heard it on repeat for about 12 hours straight, thanks to a neighbor, who put it on and then left the house. Long story. But it is nice to see Robin Williams’ antics in this video.
I think I’ve done enough damage now. Enjoy!
(Oh, and the only way I know of to get rid of an ear worm is to hear another one.)
photo credit ontheragmag